Backflow/Cross Connection Control
Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Services is one of the premier backflow prevention certification companies in southeast Florida. We have achieved this status by the sheer volume of backflows we have certified over the past 20 years. As well as the value each client receives from the certification. At Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Service we are always striving to give unparalleled service with the “Best Practices” and “Can Do” attitude.
Using the best material the industry has to offer and keeping our service expectations higher than that of the industries standards keeps Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Services one of the premier plumbing & backflow companies in Southeast Florida.. We, here at Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Services, believe that our customers are our number “1” asset. Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Services test, install and maintain domestic, fire lines and irrigation / backflow assemblies.” If you can control cross connection 100% of the time you don’t need a backflow preventer.”
If you are looking for a Southeast Florida Backflow specialist, then please call 888.613.2858 or complete our online request form.
1) Why is Backflow Prevention so important?
Backflow is a situation that can occur when hydraulic conditions within a water system deviated from “normal” conditions, possibly allowing contaminated water to enter through a cross connection, into the drinking water distribution system. For this reason it is required by your municipality to have your Backflow tested annually.
2) How can Backflow be prevented?
To protect the public drinking water system, your municipality Utility Department requires a Reduced Pressure Principal Assembly(RP) on all non-residential services with 1 ½” potable water meters or larger. Class 1-4 fire line system required, at a minimum, a Double check Detector Assembly (DCDA) and Class 5 and 6 require a Reduced Pressure Principle Detector Assembly (RPDA).
3) What is a Backflow Prevention Assembly?
A backflow prevention assembly is an approved, testable assembly that uses valves in different configurations to prevent potentially contaminated water from reversing direction and flowing into the public water distribution system.
4) How do I know if I need a backflow prevention assembly?
- New construction connecting to a newly installed water service: will be notified if a backflow prevention assembly must be installed prior to service activation.
- New customers connecting to a water service with an existing backflow prevention assembly(ies) installed: will be notified by letter that the backflow prevention assembly requires annual testing.
- Existing customers with a backflow prevention assembly(ies) installed: Will be by letter that the backflow prevention assembly requires annual testing.
5) Who can install a backflow prevention assembly?
The Palm Beach County water utilities department recognizes only backflow prevention technicians who are state or county licensed plumbing contractors and their employees that are certified as backflow prevention assembly testers to install and perform annual testing and maintenance of a backflow prevention assembly
6) How do I find an approved certified backflow technician?
Plumbing contractors who are certified backflow prevention technicians can be found at Flamingo Plumbing and Backflow. Just call for one of our highly trained technicians at 561-784-9428, or toll free at 1-800-613-2858.
7) How often do I have my backflow prevention assembly tested?
Most water utility departments require that you test your backflow prevention assembly at the following times:
- When your backflow prevention assembly is first installed.
- The backflow prevention assembly must be tested annually thereafter.
- After any repair or replacement of the backflow prevention assembly.
Recent News And Events
Benefits of a Commercial Grease trap
Aug. 27, 2017
To keep your Restaurant’s kitchen in tip-top shape, consider installing a Grease trap.Read More
Welcome to Our First e-Newsletter!
Jul. 30, 2017
Flamingo Plumbing and Backflow Services is excited to present the first issue of our monthly e-Newsletters. This new res ...Read More
United Plumbing Acquires Flamingo Plumbing and Backflow Services
May. 15, 2017
To All Our Valued Customers and Friends,Read More
United Plumbing Solution Inc is proud to announce that it has ac ...