Backflow is a situation that can occur when hydraulic conditions within a water system deviate from “normal” conditions, possibly allowing contaminated water to enter through a cross connection, into the drinking-water distribution system. For this reason it is required by your municipality to have your backflow tested annually.
You’ll need a backflow certification for:
- New construction connecting to a newly installed water service: will be notified if a backflow prevention assembly must be installed prior to service activation.
- New customers connecting to a water service with an existing backflow prevention assembly(ies) installed: will be notified by letter that the backflow prevention assembly requires annual testing.
- Existing customers with a backflow prevention assembly(ies) installed: will be notified by letter that the backflow prevention assembly requires annual testing.
When do I test my backflow?
- When your backflow prevention assembly is first installed
- The backflow prevention assembly must be tested annually, thereafter
- After any repair or replacement of the backflow prevention assembly
But don’t just call any plumbing technician!
The Palm Beach County Water Utilities Department recognizes only backflow prevention technicians who are state- or county-licensed plumbing contractors, and their employees who are certified as backflow-prevention-assembly testers, to install and perform annual testing and maintenance of a backflow-prevention assembly.
At Flamingo Plumbing & Backflow Services, our technicians are certified and licensed backflow- prevention technicians. Our highly skilled plumbers are ready to help you!Call South Florida’s Backflow specialists on 561-448-3200 or complete our online request form.